A frittata is a warm, nutrient-dense meal that can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. It's also incredibly versatile-eat it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, warm or cold if you have leftovers. Try serving this perfectly cheesy one with a side of roasted root veggies or a simple kale salad.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt butter in an oven-safe frying pan* over medium-heat. Add onion and cook until translucent.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Add broccoli, garlic, and crushed red pepper to taste to the pan with onion. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour egg over vegetables and continue to cook until egg becomes set around the edge of the pan, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over top. Move pan to the oven for about 12 minutes, or until frittata top turns slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
*Glass, ceramic, aluminum, cast-iron, and stainless steel are all oven-safe materials. If you are not sure what material your pan is made of, check the bottom of the pan for “oven-safe.” Do not use pans with a nonstick surface such as Teflon coating. These coatings can melt at high temperatures and release toxic chemicals into food.