Whether it's the house of someone you've just started dating or a new friend, pooping away from home can be all kinds of anxiety-inducing.
You might likeI Mailed This Company My Poop to Analyze My Health. Here's What I Learned
In fact, using a different toilet can be so traumatic, some people flat out refuse to do it. But what if you can't avoid pooping at someone else's house? Here are some of the steps you might have taken, attempting to navigate this weirdly intense situation.
1. Under no circumstances am I pooping here today.Share on Pinterest
I will hold it in for as long as I have to.
2. Suddenly, poop is all I can think about.Share on Pinterest
Let me think of something else. Anything else.
3. Is there such a thing as poop anxiety?Share on Pinterest
The more I think about pooping, the more I need to poop.
4. My body has a mind of its own.Share on Pinterest
Wait, that's not a good sign.
5. Best to avoid the following outcome.Share on Pinterest
Not today, Satan.
6. Can't hold it in any longer.Share on Pinterest
Now is the time for bravery.
7. Christmas can't come fast enough. And by Christmas, I mean poop.Share on Pinterest
8. Why is it suddenly so quiet?Share on Pinterest
Can everyone hear me for, like, five square miles?
9. This isn't so bad.Share on Pinterest
But did I lock the door?
10. Is it written all over my face?Share on Pinterest
Does everyone know what just happened? And if they do… is that maybe OK?
11. Achievement unlocked.Share on Pinterest
I am invincible! Until next time.
Amy Mackelden is currently developing a show called MS Is My Boyfriend, about what multiple sclerosis is really like. Follow her on Twitter @AmyMackelden.